AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building a 20" planter from a JD 7000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

huronwrench
Posted 3/9/2013 18:57 (#2953568 - in reply to #2953346)
Subject: RE: Building a 20" planter from a JD 7000

Ontario Canada
Not exaclty the same but i built my own planter frame after being dissapointed with a white 6606 i bought. The frame wasnt heavy enough for the no till we do. The white 6600 has the lift wheels mounted on one bar, then another bar behind it for the row units, in this case it was 12 rows on 15". I couldnt get enough weight transferred back to the rear bar to penetrate the soil. I buit my own planter frame using a 7x7" bar with kinze markers and an extended kinze tounge bolted to the bar. I also used the white planters lift wheels facing forward ahead of the bar and had 12 row units on 15" mounted behind it. I thought this would work fine until i hooked it up and filled it with seed. it almost lifted the back end of the 7330 that was pulling it. I struggled with it most of the planting season and had enough of it. It bounced like crazy going down the road, and the exsessive neg. tounge weight made it a pain to lift and turn at the end of the row. Long story short i took the tounge off, welded some 3pt. brakets onto the bar and added a full rack of weights to the front of the tractor. Its within 1000 lbs of the 3pt. lift capacity when loaded but its much easier to plant with and transport. Here is a pic of the unfinished planter frame. I had a pic of the completed planter but cannot find it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)