AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hitachi Excavator- Swing motor gearbox leak
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NKejr
Posted 1/30/2013 12:53 (#2861117)
Subject: Hitachi Excavator- Swing motor gearbox leak

Using a Hitachi EX200-LC2 with around 10000 hrs that I am thinking the seal on the swing motor reduction gearbox went out.  Checked the oil in it and found it low, put some gear oil in it and then ran it for a couple of hours.  Got out of the cab for a little bit and noticed a white oily fluid covering the slew ring.  I am assuming the oil drained out of gearbox and combined with water caught in the turntable.

Anyway, how hard is it ito replace the seals or does a guy need to plan on replacing the gearbox?  Or is it something else?  There is oil on the floor in the compartment that houses the swing motor & hydraulic valve stack, but it wan't obvious that a hydraulic line was leaking. 

From an operational standpoint, you couldn't tell there is anything wrong.  We are used to turning wrenches, just wondering what we might be getting into.  Thanks for any advice.

Nathan       

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jjcmbc
Posted 1/30/2013 13:13 (#2861167 - in reply to #2861117)
Subject: Re: Hitachi Excavator- Swing motor gearbox leak

banks of the libhart creek
pull lines to swing motor pull all the bolts around box base and raise out if i rember right you can unbolt seal carrier and remove replace seal, most of the time there was a grove in sealing area and we put on a speedy sleeve before new seal. there is a bottom grease cover pull drain out oil scrape out grease by making a mini hocky stick that will fit threw the top hole and have one guy hold scraper while another guy rotates house if you leave bucket off ground or cap the lines you can run with out gearbox it spinns very easy re fill with grease so the bottom of the swing gear is just pushing grease all the way around then reinstall gearbox also if there is any play in swing gear then you will have to go deeper but those are known to just need a seal make sure you torque the bolts good they will loosen up
PDF 2
Posted 1/30/2013 19:13 (#2861968 - in reply to #2861117)
Subject: Re: Hitachi Excavator- Swing motor gearbox leak

Blackton AR
Last year I was having an oil leak on the turn table. Thought it was the gearbox, but a friend that works on construction equipment said to check the swivel manifold. It turned out to be the swivel manifold. Not too bad of a job.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)