AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 product CDS John Blue fertilizer pump for corn planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerjon52
Posted 1/15/2013 21:06 (#2825718)
Subject: 2 product CDS John Blue fertilizer pump for corn planter

I am planning on switching my planter up a little this spring. I will stay with 2X2 fertilizer but will add totally tubulars to apply 10-34-0 and Ascend below the trench. Currently, I have a squeeze pump on the planter for the 2X2 fertilizer. I know that I could just add an electric pump to the planter but I try to keep things simple for dad. He likes being able to set the planter down and plant so a little extra cost on my part is worth my peace of mind too.

Here's what I am looking at....I would take off the squeeze pump and my local spraying & fertilizer pump supplier suggested a CDS John Blue pump NGP-8055-AR pump can pump 2 products independently at two different rates with just one drive sprocket. I plan on 3 gallons / acre of 10-34-0 with Zn and Ascend through the totally tubulars as popup and 5 -6 gallons /acre of 10-34-0 as 2X2. I have an 8 row planter on 30 inch rows and we drive 4.5-5 miles / hour. Will this pump be able to get low enough and do a good consistent job. We have 200 gal of fertilizer space on the planter for the popup and will be using saddle tanks on the tractor for the 2X2 fertilizer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)