AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Chicken house trusses.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 1/3/2013 20:51 (#2796951)
Subject: Used Chicken house trusses.

north west arkansas
I realize this is probably a southern thing, but I am wondering if anybody has built any equipment or hay storage buildings from used steel chicken house trusses. There seems to be some advertised all the time, and they are usually price around $150 per 40' truss. Just curious if anybody has any experience using them and what your thoughts were. I am needing some more storage and cant decide whether to buy some or just buy new.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ccjersey
Posted 1/3/2013 21:13 (#2797038 - in reply to #2796951)
Subject: Re: Used Chicken house trusses.

Faunsdale, AL
Have used some seconds/reject trusses from the manufacturer and some salvaged ones for smaller barns here. Moving them is the biggest headache. I would say they need to be in great shape, close to home and cheap!
jcs
Posted 1/4/2013 07:06 (#2797591 - in reply to #2797038)

Oklahoma
Yup, need to be close and cheap. Last winter/spring I was gathering materials for a barn and saw quite a few adds for chicken house trusses in Eastern OK and AR. Ended up just buying prefabbed rafters at steel yard 45 miles away. $3 gas eats up alot of savings. Most of what I was finding was within about $10 of new and 2-3 hrs away.
Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 1/5/2013 07:45 (#2799891 - in reply to #2796951)
Subject: RE: Used Chicken house trusses.

SW Ohio
Not metal but wood, Rose Acre tore down a bunch in Indiana and I got a truckload for real cheap. built one 42x48 heifer barn and still have a bunch for the next project. These were homemade and had the cages hanging from the ceiling.
still inside 1
in the background is heifer barn 2

(ES split.jpg)

(hammer another post.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ES split.jpg (73KB - 47 downloads)
Attachments hammer another post.jpg (89KB - 42 downloads)
68milkman
Posted 1/5/2013 22:05 (#2801779 - in reply to #2796951)

Monett Missouri
Bought some used 46' wide and 40'. Took the 40 footers and put them on outside as 20' sheds. So barn is 86x112 also added to legs to get 16' side walls on main barn. Last week I bought some more 40' for $50 each arch. I moved mine in to 8' on center to make building stronger. Neighbor said he has some for sale for $100 each. zip 65708 Pics tomorrow.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)