AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New project.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tc806
Posted 12/22/2012 16:27 (#2768636)
Subject: New project.

Casey IL. ( I -70 ) then south on rt.49
As the days go by I am not quite done with my other projects ( cattle barn , calveing barn, and etc. )
So I need to add to my list of things to do.
I have this pasture west of the house joins the yard and we have kept the hores in it for years ( but they got old and not with us anymore , very sad day ) The fence is in poor shape so have decided to pull it out around the whole ( 10 acres ) it is hedge post mostly ( my grand pa put in ). If any one close wants them come and get, have to take fence off but can have the post.
I am trying to decide whether to buy a post driver for my skid steer or a post hole digger. I have a danhouser 3-piont auger 12"
What I am wanting to ask is the driver or digger for the skid steer or just stay with my 3- piont. Also I am wanting to no of an easy way to pull the post out with wire on. I plan on just making piles then taking loader and moving them to a holler. Wanting to keep it simple and easy I am not young any more.
Also planning on woven wire with two barbs on top , using cedar treated post. I no what you think of them but I get along with them and they are easy to us.
The post digger will fit my NH. tractor loader or my skid steer $ 1285. the diver fitting both machines is $ 3850. or keep mine and not pay anything.
Already tride renting and that is not going to work.
Anyone had experance with hiring the fence put up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)