AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trapped skunk, now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Farmer at heart OG.
Posted 12/5/2012 20:10 (#2735083 - in reply to #2734902)
Subject: RE: Trapped skunk, now what?

Wisconsin
All summer we have been using a old blanket to cover the trap they spray. Being confined under the blanket It hasn't smelled too terrible carefully place on tailgate of truck drive to the open field and unload trap. I let the owner shoot them now after he open's the trap and start's shouting at the top of his lung's to shoot it it's getting away when it hasn't cleared the door yet and I'm laughing so hard I can't shoot from the tear's in my eyes and doubled over. So now I open the door carefully and try to clamp it open with a vise grip but normally they are out and clear too busy running for it as I drop the door and boogie up wind and he plug's them with the 20 gauge. Would like to think we are thinning them down but saw some this weekend running into the culvert's with the warmer weather yet.Also if it does spray something and you want to disperse the smell mix some Dawn dishwash liquid to loosen the oil, peroxide and baking soda to neutralise the smell a bunch. A whole bunch better than tomato skunk perfume.

Edited by Farmer at heart OG. 12/5/2012 20:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)