AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4630
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 12/5/2012 10:27 (#2734126 - in reply to #2734088)
Subject: Re: John Deere 4630

Soutwest Ks.
They are a good tractor, especially the last year or so of that series 76-77 as I believe they had larger axles. At the time those tractors were built it appears that Deere didn't have a good handle on checking the fuel rate on those tractors. Consequently many were way overfueled for radiator size. If they were kept at the 150-160 hsp. they were extremely good tractors for there time. I had a 1976 model that I ran for years and to get them less sluggish at low rpms an operatior needed to adjust the anerod screw, which allowed the engine to get fuel immediately rather then wait for turbo boost to call for fuel. Made a difference. Many people thought they were extremely doggy on bottom end, that may have been true, but the power they produced at higher rpms made the low rpms seem to be a dud. They were not like a 4020 where they had a relatively flat torque curve. For that vintage of tractor I can't think of another tractor made at that time that pulled as good and lasted as long and had creature comforts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)