AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Menards--Blains Farm and Fleet ETC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

150 farmer
Posted 12/4/2012 23:28 (#2733515 - in reply to #2733455)
Subject: Re: Menards--Blains Farm and Fleet ETC

Pontiac, IL.
I am 64, and have farmed all my life. I have dealt with at least 5 JD dealerships, 2 IH dealerships, 5 GM dealerships, and 2 or 3 Ford dealerships. Of ALL of these only 2 Have had to go and OK the deal with their manager. I no longer deal with those 2. If you want to go with me sometime, and price something, I will bet you a lot of money the salesmen I talk to do NOT have to clear it with someone higher up. I know they have a good relationship with their bosses, and discuss deals when I might not be around, but they do not waste my time while I am in their office. Most of these dealers are small, but even one of the largest JD dealerships in Illinois that we have dealt with, did not need their bosses approval. And NO I didn't say they were quick to approve my offer, and I have done a LOT of comparison between dealerships, but I sill stand by my original statement: Why should I be paying a salesman if he can't make a decision? Just let me talk to boss in the first place. Also ANYONE can tell you, I am NOT easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)