AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone used BST's before?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/5/2012 09:38 (#2734048 - in reply to #2733974)
Subject: Re: Has anyone used BST's before?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Dave, that's because since 09' when our economy went south, people decided they could drink the regular store brand and not spend the extra money. As soon as the consumer feels confident about their financial situation, I feel they will gravitate back to so called healthy organic products. That way it gives them a feel good feeling about themselves.

The situation I have here is that the number one grocery wholesaler in my area ( Associated Foods) has all the milk and cheese products tied up from a lot of local plants. But they also have someone package product under their label as well. They do a good job of pushing our cheeses, but hold back the sales of our UTH shelf stable milk in order to push their house labeled milk at a cheaper price. When even had customers beg to get our product on the self, but they won't put it on in fear of losing their sales of the cheaper product. So we have to kind of take it in the shorts on our milk if we want to sell cheese, which is our bigger money maker for the processor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)