AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone used BST's before?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

broze26
Posted 12/4/2012 19:04 (#2733029 - in reply to #2732982)
Subject: Re: Has anyone used BST's before?

NW Iowa
Have been using BST for close to a year now and have been happy with the results. Have seen no ill effects to speak of and the herd is really smoking on production. I too have many older cows a lot of them in that 7-8 rane and a few in the 10-14 bracket as well to say that i have shortened their lifespan i dont think so. I agree that management is key. I believe there is to groups in the dairy industry the "Dairymen" which are people that know what they are doing and can really manage cows well to get optimum results and the other group of people flat out just milk cows and nothing more. If you are a marginal manager then BST maybe isn't for you. At this point I am satisfied. I'm with you foggyday. There is nothing wrong with using technology to better our operations to try to become profitable, Lord knows we need to do all we can with tight margins the way they have been the last five years. Bottom line is we all do things a little different than the next guy and that's okay. If we all would do the same things we would never learn what things work better than others.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)