AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra Versa logging a product but not controlling it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/5/2012 07:19 (#2733796 - in reply to #2732196)
Subject: Re: Integra Versa logging a product but not controlling it

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
smallsquares - 12/4/2012 08:26

I will be using a ground drive spreader. I have an application rate module in the tractor but when going through the configuration I didn't see any place to put a product name. If I go through an "application" configuration it wants me to either use a liquid control module or some sort of strip till setup. It looked to me like there was no way to log a product unless you were "controlling" it with a module. I just wanted a product name assigned to the coverage logging where I manually turned on the spreader. What you describe in SMS is exactly what I was planning to do, draw zones where the fertilizer would be applied.

You are able to monitor/log a product with the application rate module. I have been doing this for several years with my ground driven starter on my corn planter. The App Rate module is connected to a flowmeter in the fertilizer line. The App Rate module does not have a way to control or start/stop the product flow but can monitor it. With the ground driven fertiizer pump at a constant rate this is fine as the pump starts/stops when lowering/raising the planter.

Rather than using a flowmeter, a shaft sensor can be connected to the App Rate module for working with granular products.

We often use a Liquid module for the ground driven starter situation although the App Rate module would suffice. Since many of our customers use a Liquid module with a sprayer at a later date, the Liquid module is available during planting time. Although the Liquid module is designed to control the product and sections, it does not need to. The control and section wiring are not connected to anything. If the applied rate does not closely match the target rate the module will attempt to change the rate but to no avail since no control valve is present. If the applied rate is out of tolerance, the off rate alarm sounds. This acts as a warning to the operator that the ground driven pump is not set properly or has failed.

You also mention that when creating a spreader configuration you were not asked for the width as you had expected. This width is entered and can be changed from the RUN screen. With other rigs the width is fixed and is associated with the original configuration. Since the width of a spinner type spreader might change with the product, the width is entered or changed within the actual operation.

Edited by tedbear 12/5/2012 07:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)