AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer buying market share?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/4/2012 08:20 (#2732044 - in reply to #2731422)
Subject: RE: Usually the deal 'looks' better than it is

$165 is quite a deal and I'll mention that to my dealer. Big P apparently has some issues with Monsanto to iron out and I don't know if it affects their seed line up. The lawsuit was over optimum gat (need to fire the naming folks btw) and right now I can't remember if that's actually being offered yet (RR plus sulfonylurea tolerant - I think). I guess that could be a reason pioneer would like to get as many sales on the books before 'bad press' potentially turns away buyers. Although I don't know that the status of company legal battles influences our buying decisions all that much - maybe nothing to see here move along.

However, all companies do this and I remember a pallet of beans being 'given away' and the dealer explaining that as a percentage of the order it was almost more expensive to give me a hat. They weren't giving away the store, just trying to make it look like it. Most of these companies have this profit motive thing going so it's important to realize they will make a profit on every bag they sell - if they can get me to think I'm getting a good deal with a 'give away', then it's even better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)