AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Skid-Steer Loader Purcahse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dmax08
Posted 12/2/2012 23:00 (#2729716 - in reply to #2729619)
Subject: Re: New Skid-Steer Loader Purcahse

Stay away from Bobcat track machines unless you like a sluggish machine with no control response. If you want raw power and pushing capacity Takeuchi is the only way to go. Since its not on your list, my next pick would be Deere. Have had really good luck with the 333D track machines that I've ran. Not quite the power of the Tak but nicer quieter cab and resposive controls. Also has a auto-idle feature and can switch the control pattern...not sure who all has that, maybe quite a few. Dont personally like the Case machines. Cab is too tight and visibility not as good. Cat machine is nice and has suspension but lacks the performance of Deere and Tak. Have never ran a JCB but sat in one and felt like I could see the whole world! Havent heard of anyone running them though so not sure how the offset boom works. Two things to consider on the Tak. They have a roll up door which lets you either run with it open, which is nice for precision work, and also lets you get out with the boom in the air. Cant do that with a swing door unless the boom is pretty high. Another feature of the Tak is they use three separate hydro pumps. A big one for the drive, one for the lift, and one for the curl. The other machines will bog down the hydraulics when you lift and curl at the same time or lift while driving or turning. The old ones were loud and rattled somethin terrible but the new TL series with the pressurized cabs are much nicer.

Edited by dmax08 12/2/2012 23:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)