AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brazil...corn situation..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gottlieb
Posted 12/2/2012 22:20 (#2729601 - in reply to #2728621)
Subject: Re: soy situation..Junk Combines and Redoak

Today's discussion on SA soy crop...problem is infrastructure...they have a problem already with this...so now with a huge expected crop more concern, ja...they will have great difficulty in their transportation/shipping of it...
Countries are buying hand to mouth due to escalating grain costs beyond anyone's control, ja...
With their transportation system and shipping concerns some of the buyers will be forced to shift over to the U.S. to get their soys and of course expect already they will be paying a higher price. When buyers buy "hand to mouth" so to speak then one can not wait and wait further delaying their ability to get their soys in a timely fashion...
So, ja, i am bullish on soys...they will be heading higher. This is a supply/demand issue on the global side....transportation issue for S.A.

Redoak: Am i always bullish? Short answer is "no." This year, though, we have all these droughts, world ending stock for corn just dropped to 116 MMT... We have Ukraine's recent corn yields down 16% over last year. Wheat export ban from them will be coming any day, ja. Of course, they will continue selling their corn...and with soys...an insatiable hunger for them in one form or another, ja. These are facts, ja. This is what i deal in when selling my grain...
I am probably the reason the system is overloading itself...i have tried to share information with others on this site that i think is useful to them in mostly marketing...

gottlieb

Edited by Gottlieb 12/2/2012 22:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)