AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Applying all nitrogen(28 or 32) at planting time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jkreuziger
Posted 12/2/2012 14:08 (#2728670 - in reply to #2727682)
Subject: Re: Applying all nitrogen(28 or 32) at planting time

Juneau, WI
We put as much as 60 gallons on with the planter a long time ago. Half of the time it didn't stick around long enough to make it to the end. After that we put half on with the planter and side dressed the rest. Which proved to be a much more ideal split. The last two years we tried 1/3rd in strip as AMS and Urea and 2/3rds at side dress as 28 and ATS. We were short as we were side dressing. Next year I will be adding some ESN to the strip and possible spray some 28 and ATS to get somewhere between a 50-50 and a 60-40 split.
It's pretty easy to justify side dressing when it comes to results, but everyone tries so hard to justify not doing it...
Something I found interesting this year was of all the products I tested the biggest returns were things I added while side dressing. 20% blend of ATS, 3 oz of Ascend, and a gallon of Humitech 6. Individually each of these showed an 8-12 bu response in side by sides. It will be interesting to see what kind of response I get when all of these are mixed together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)