AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle this one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 12/1/2012 12:07 (#2726811 - in reply to #2726507)
Subject: Re: How would you handle this one?

Northern Illinois
I'm not trying to be an a**hole here. For some reason I come off that way but I am not. I just think we only hear one side of the story here so I am just wondering is there another side to the story. Like had your son mentioned that the dog needs a fence?? of some other thing that would lead anyone to think you were not a responsible dog owner in this particular instance. Like you mention "highway". Some people call any blacktop road a highway while I call a "highway" a state route that is heavily traveled. So have you had other dogs killed on this road that would lead someone to think that if you had a dog on this road you would need to be proactive to keep a dog off the road? You mention that "we got home from the farm" so I would think this was not a farm, rural setting where the dog was hit. Most towns or municipalities have laws requiring dog owners to keep their dogs under control. Why didn't you have an underground fence? I understand that dogs get hit on the road. I am just wondering if the x has a legitimate concern that you could have had better control of the dog?

No matter what the answers are to the above you mention "I just want to let her have it". I would not do that. I would ignore the FB page posting as no good can come from starting that war. Kind of like don't wrestle a pig as you will get dirty and the pig enjoys it. I would use this as a teachable moment for both you and your son and go the "with our next pet we need to be more careful so that ...... (fill in the name of new dog) does not get hit on the highway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)