AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle this one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 12/1/2012 09:17 (#2726507)
Subject: How would you handle this one?

Baldwin City, KS
First off, I know many on here are dealing with far worse than what we are, so don't get me wrong, but never the less, it is something we are dealing with.
Last night, my wife, son and I found our 10 month old lab mix, Izzy, dead on the highway. Apparently she must have jumped right off the pickup after we got home from the farm and tried to cross, not making it. She was kind of a special dog, and my son and I had become very attached, making this whole thing quite heart breaking.
I have custody of my son and he goes to his mothers every other weekend. He is 14. We found Izzy while on the way to take him to his mothers last night. We were both very upset, but had little time to talk about it, as there was a schedule to keep. I put Izzy in the back of the car, and we kept on.
Here's the rub. My wife and I monitor his facebook page, as I think any responsible parent should. This morning his mother (I use that term loosely, as his step mother has raised him since age 6) posted about how her baby was hurting because his dad was too lazy to put up a fence. She went on to preach about how people shouldn't have animals if they can't take care of them. Mind you, this is from a woman (once again, used loosely) who has two boys from two different marriages and has custody of neither. Also has a house in town full of dogs and cats that can't go outside.
This didn't sit really well with a guy that currently cares for around 200 cows and had a couple of dogs that we love just like children. She know's that we check my son's FB page and I'm sure this was a well intended jab. I keep telling myself that small people do small things, but still, I just want to let her have it. Just wish she wouldn't try to twist sensitive crap around in an effort to be supermom. 14 years old is a hell of a time to try and start parenting, and she still sucks at it. I guess I had better just ignore her ignorant ass for now, and just make sure my son and I talk about Izzy's passing some more tomorrow night when he get's home. Just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)