AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric brakes that really work !
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 12/5/2012 15:20 (#2734511 - in reply to #2726236)
Subject: RE: How do you like your CR-V?

SW Saskatchewan
We nearly bought a CR-V when we were shopping last year but my chief worrier was sold on the Jeep Overland because of all the bells and whistles-extra air bags, collision avoidance etc
The Jeep is around 5000 lb so does make a mileage difference (no great shakes on its own) but as it is now our only vehicle we felt we needed the space, off road 4x4 etc.

The air suspension has benefits but after I showed my three friends how I could raise or lower the vehicle to get in and out, didn't use the various height feature again!

Have put 45000KM(doesn't count towing miles) on it since sept 22, 2012. Promise to quit raiding the fuel tank soon, just raised our factory warranty to 200,000 km and 5 year-probably won't need it but when on the road, I sure enjoy someone else doing the worrying.

Glad to hear you doing the west coast-how were the passes? Our Gasser has only so-so brakes and have to use engine-transmission braking on big grades, the v-10 ford has adequate power but I am always curious how a diesel with air brakes would feel. Coming back that way in April to BC.

Off tho Notre Dame on Dec 10, leaving the rig at the factory in Elkhart Indiana for some work and then stay with our son--but he may be going with the class for "networking" in Europe-unless he spends his money on the National Championship in Florida. We will continue and maybe travel the Natchez trace-either by MH or car, then to New Orleans for Christmas and Texas for New Years.

Happy sunshine..

OH yes, we are still on the first set of tires
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)