AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great Plains TurboMax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cobra
Posted 11/30/2012 21:56 (#2725872)
Subject: Great Plains TurboMax

SW MO
I took delivery of a 35' model a few weeks ago and am finally getting a chance to run it myself the last day or two. I was working some newly seeded waterways, and on 3 seperate occasions while crossing over diversion ditches, built to drain water along the berm, I had one of the main frame tandems go under center and end up opposite where they belong. It took very little to make this happen.....too little. Has anyone else had this experience? I have 2 neighbors, each with 30' models, who haven't seen this happen. When the tandem goes under center it rests against the underside of the rockshaft and it then is ifixed in a rigid position that doesn't allow the tandem to walk. It isn't a very big deal to reset it, but it is a job I don't want or need. My father-in-law suggested welding some binder chain from the main frame to the axle to not allow it to travel far enough to get out of position. I will likely end up doing that, but not before letting my dealer and Great Plains know about this engineering flaw. Besides this glitch, and the fact that it pulls like a lead balloon (to quote a friend), it is an extremely versatile tool and I'm very satisfied with its overall performance. The hydraulic gang adjustment feature adds endless potential for residue sizing and soil incorporation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)