AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord Scenario
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mudpie1971
Posted 11/30/2012 21:11 (#2725784)
Subject: Landlord Scenario

One of my landlords recently advertised a piece of ground that I was working to take "bids" for 2013. We had been working on a year by year basis and I had rented the piece for quite awhile(my family sold it to him years ago). I read about the "bid" process in the paper and called him to ask if I had upset him...since I thought we had a good relationship. He assured me that he just wanted to get a "fair" amount for the land and that he would give me last right of refusal . I appreciate his situation and dont blame him for doing what he did(although it seems a little late in the year to do this without telling the tennant...I already limed it this fall and spread my P and K with AMS...my bad to ASSUME I was farming it again). He called me today to say that the bids are in and one was basically 50% more than what I was paying and about the highest rent I have heard in my area and mind you this is a very marginal piece......he advertised the parcel as 30 acres tillable...there is actually 30 acres total with only 25 tillable....two wet holes that equal 5 acres. H e asked me if I still wanted it...obviously since I already have $150 an acre in it I am backed in a corner....as I cannot walk away from the piece now. We agreed to meet to work out the details...

Should I be allowed to see the other bids to verify:
1. The bid is what he claims?
2. The bid is based on 25 workable not 30 as that is what is really up for bid?
3. How many years the bid is for
4. The bidder(Just would like to know if it is a local).

P.S. This piece is very poorly drained and only about one in ten years does a fairly high percentage NOT drown out...if I didnt have money wrapped up in it I would wave it goodbye...Thanks for your thoughts on this one...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)