AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stupid Market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jeremeyfrost
Posted 11/30/2012 21:54 (#2725866 - in reply to #2725303)
Subject: RE: Stupid Market

onida, south dakota

Buck S - 11/30/2012 16:57 I was getting all ready to make a sale the other day and I came 5 cents from hitting my goal of 7.50 cash. Now it retreats and I am 20 cents away and they widened the basis. Think I am gonna hold out for $8 cash now and sell it for $5 once I need the money.

markets are challenging to say the least as they are very good at turning around without any notice

but i would say that generically if your market is 7.25...........if you are trying to gain 75 cents......or 8.00 corn..........while basically having a 5.00 stop.............you don't have a good risk reward...............

many marketing plans have "stops" or decision dates or must pull the trigger levels.........so maybe something closer to a mental 7.00 stop with a goal of 8.00 is better risk management?

as you really probably don't want to be forced to pull the trigger should the markets fall out of bed...........not that i think they should anytime soon..........but our markets do exactly what everyone thinks they wont why too many times

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)