AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I found a good one I believe :)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 11/30/2012 23:45 (#2726064 - in reply to #2725540)
Subject: Re: I found a good one I believe :)

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

happycatcher - 11/30/2012 18:12 Thank you! The biggest challenge so far is I forget he can't do certain things. When we first started dating he asked what I wanted to go do and I said, "Want to go wall climbing?" He just looked at me and grinned and it took me a few seconds and I was like, "Oh, duh. Wallclimbing is out." And I forget and walk off of curbs, head towards stairs, take too narrow paths at the store and he yells "trapped!" and I turn and discover what I've done. I'll figure it out lol

Making those mistakes is a good thing.  One of my best friends in college had handicaps, he wanted no help or sympathy from anyone.  I believe one of the reasons we were friends is because often I forgot what things he had difficulty doing.  He didn't drive, and we went places together in my car.  sometimes it took a long time for him to open the passenger side door, but I would wait without comment while he did so.  He had a brilliant mind, and I got to share in his gift as we studied together, we had the same major and lots of the same classes.

Great that you are so involved that one small thing like not being able to walk does not get it the way of your being friends.  You must be very mature beyond your age.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)