AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Owen Taylor
Posted 11/30/2012 19:12 (#2725541 - in reply to #2723923)
Subject: RE: Anyone else

Mississippi

I've been through several major purges in 30 years of computers, cables, cards, external drives and scanners. Sometimes I just put them in the trash. Always feel guilty doing that because I hate to throw away metal. Lately, our county has recycling dumpsters nearby that will take electronic stuff, and I've started cycling a few things through that. In theory, it's sorted and recycled. They won't take glass containers but will accept anything else.

I keep a small reserve of cables of various kinds, provided they still serve a potential purpose but have gotten kind of cutthroat about the rest. A dead printer or monitor never even makes it to the floor now.

I'm not that concerned about data falling into the wrong hands except for any HD that handles accounting and may be a little extreme with it.

Fortunately, I don't have a barn or storage shed, so there's less chance of getting sentimental about some digital artifact.. I do remember the way my in-laws relegated old, broken stoves and such to an unused grain bin in case they needed parts, which they never did. It was a pain for the kids to sort through later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)