AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tuning AutoFarm A5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Proby8270
Posted 12/1/2012 08:57 (#2726470 - in reply to #2723847)
Subject: Re: Tuning AutoFarm A5

Western Australia
It is frustrating having spent the money and not being able to achieve the accuracy I want. I can tolerate the occasional wiggle in our seeding rows. but when it starts to wander , that pi$$e$ me off. We bought the system so we could either seed into last years rows when moisture is limited or seed between the rows to leave stubble standing. When it wanders it will sometimes drift into last years rows as it is the path of least resistance.We farm in the Central Wheatbelt of Western Australia where moisture is often limited at seeding time and being able to seed into last years row can be the difference between getting our crop germinated when sown or having to wait up to four weeks for the next germinating rain. My friends who also run A5 systems can do what I want with out any hassles. Northernequipment are you a dealer or an operater with experience with the A5 ? We renewed all our steering pin and bushes on the tractor this year but it didnt seem to make much difference. Any other advice would be appreciated, sounds like it might be trial and error to get it right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)