AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell more corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 11/29/2012 09:04 (#2723110 - in reply to #2723053)
Subject: Re: Sell more corn?

Most of the advisers watching stochastics (one of the many indicator lines to watch) would suggest we have a sell signal right now. This can be misleading at times because occasionally the market doesn't really move fast enough (or whatever) to get the stochastics to move, yet the price is at a point where sales may be a good idea. However, this time it appears to be a reasonable thing. In ECIL we still have a 3 cent positive basis and a price of $7.65 - for most of us that should be very profitable especially if you still have grain to sell.

To me if it helps smooth out taxes and depending on your situation it could be significant, I would sell.

The reason not to sell is always that the market is poised to go much higher. I can't rule out price spikes, but the folks buying corn are not in a position to support much higher prices for any length of time. Also, at some point the acre guessers will decide the number of acres 2 months before farmers finalize decisions and high prices wouldn't lead to fewer acres. It's amazing how fast we can go from no corn to too much corn.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)