AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eminent Domain problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DevinF
Posted 11/29/2012 00:31 (#2722724)
Subject: Eminent Domain problems

Nwmo
The local city is trying to eminent domain a small piece of property from my brother. They want a right away to run a pressurized sewage line through it. They are also planning to take significantly more property from several neighbors all of which do not want to sell. The main problem with my brothers property is the size of the parcel is 8/10th's of an acre but its the whole 8/10s they want, it was going to be a building site for seed/chemical/machinery storage since its right next to the home farm. The property will be useless once they build the line since they are going right through the middle of it. I have 2 questions for those of you who might have dealt with this, can a city take property outside the city limits and is there anyway to stop eminent domain? Also aside from the property being useless to build on they are planning on putting a bike trail/walking trail down the middle of it which is probably our biggest reason to want to fight it since they will most likely make the rest of his property a parking lot.

Thanks
Devin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)