AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank goodness for good neighbors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/28/2012 20:27 (#2722188 - in reply to #2721995)
Subject: RE: Thank goodness for good neighbors.

This is a posting from this site I copied and saved on the puter. I dont know who posted it or who wrote it, but it is very true.

A young boy went with his father to meet some new neighbors that had just moved into the community.
The new neighbor asked the father what kind of people lived in their town.

The boy heard his father
ask the new guy. What kind of people lived where you came from?

The new neighbor replied: Where I
came from people are the salt of the earth, they look for ways to help you and support you anytime
they can.

The boy was happy to hear his father say: That is the way folks are here you will like it here
as well.

A few days later the same little boy went with his father to welcome yet another new neighbor. When
the second newcomer posed the same question the father once again inquired about the folks in the
town the man had left behind.

The newcomer replied: Man I have to tell you it was awful, Folks there
were nosey and they were pure assholes. The little boy was surprised to hear his father tell the newcomer
that he hated to tell him but thats about the way he would find people here.

When they left the little boy asked his father with a confused look on his face, why he had told the two
men the exact opposite about what to expect living in their community. The father smiled at his son and
explained to him that for the most part people find what they are looking for. The man who left good neighbors
was likely a good neighbor himself and looked for that in others. The man who left nosey assholes behind
was very likely an asshole himself and would find the same in others regadless of where and how often
he moved.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)