AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanks google earth, you gained me some land!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/28/2012 21:48 (#2722402 - in reply to #2722334)
Subject: Re: Sometimes

Southeast Wyoming

Redman - 11/28/2012 19:19 There is nothing on God's green earth that will turn some SOB into a good neighbour , and with a good neighbour, fences and wire are unnecessary in most cases. I feel for you having to put up with that, but you have your reward twice-you have defeated the forces of evil and re-captured what was yours by right! The worst thing that I see about adverse possession is that it rewards bad behavior and punishes good behavior! Not good!

Oh I'm glad you said that, not me!  I certainly don't disagree.  lol

Yes, that tiny strip of land cost me dearly because I've never fully recovered financially from that set back in money and time.  But I fought because I felt I was in the right.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did testify on behalf of the adverse possessor in a case a few years later.  I told them that I didn't approve of adverse possession but I believed that they had met all of the elements as established by the law, except the payment of taxes.  I testified as to the facts as I knew them being familiar with the property use.  They lost the case and the land went to the owner of record, largely I felt because the attorney went off into left field rather than stick to the requirements of the law.

Edited by Gary Lyon 11/28/2012 21:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)