AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanks google earth, you gained me some land!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 11/28/2012 16:17 (#2721752)
Subject: Thanks google earth, you gained me some land!!!

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!

So I am in an area where the accuracy of the imaging has been so sketchy and pathetic. We recently got an "upgrade", and I was surprised at a property line. Looking at the picture, the line has a slight, but significant angle to it over the half mile. We are in well treed, near a lake, and not in perfectly flat terrain, and so the line has always been straight "looking". But lined up with adjacent land, it appears that though bang on at the east end of the field, it tapers a whopping 100 feet as it proceeds westward. I have been farming this piece for 20 years, and have been short around 2-5 acres or more it seems. It tapers to about 40 feet halfway down the quarter...then to 100 feetish...

So the dough head that farms the land to the south, is going to be surprised when the surveyor comes out and "moves the stake" so to speak.

Now, over those 20 years, it is like I have been missing out on 60 acres of crop! I know it is as much my fault for not knowing, though as I said, it is nearly impossible to eyeball it in this terrain, and see how it could be out that much.

Do I deserve any compensation from my uncle who owns and rents out his land to my cousin? lol I actually need none, I am just saying, guys, in questionable terrain, check google earth. I am thankful we finally got some clarity on this issue...I had no clue, neither do I think did the adjacent farmer.  Though we get along alrightish, I am nervous to bring this to his attention, as he has been a bit of an ahem in the past generally. I do look forward to righting this wrong though...

Comments??? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)