AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why doesn't this site need money?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/28/2012 12:33 (#2721508)
Subject: Why doesn't this site need money?

East central Iowa

Every time the site slows down to a crawl or problems crop up some say the moderators are working on it.  I think they do an excellent job.  I know what working on a network is like and it can be a nightmare trying to track down a reason why something slows the system.

Some times money is the answer, faster drives, faster CPU's or one with more cores or more memory.  It's a long list. 

But every time the site slows and people start to complain I go to the donation link and it always says they have enough money.  When do they ever ask for money?  It's not something I think about until there is a problem. 

I'd not mind giving $20, which I know isn't a lot but if everybody that posted here, read here or lurked gave $10 or $20 I'd think they'd have some pretty whiz bang equipment.

One thing that bugs me is I'd like to just send a check.  I don't have paypal and a lot of sites that give free software ask for donations but want you to use paypal and I'm not wild about using a credit card to sites that I know nothing about or aren't https://

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)