AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mental health day off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 11/28/2012 01:17 (#2720883 - in reply to #2720760)
Subject: RE: Mental health day off

Mid Michigan
I've been really stressed out for the last couple of years and I can really feel it wearing on me. The mental and physical health are sure connected because they sure affect each other drastically. I have myself on the path of a workaholic and I'm not really liking it anymore. I have really become aware of how much I need to simplify my life lately. I'm finding I really am starting to dislike owning too many material possessions. I'm almost becoming a physco about not buying anything I don't need or even letting anybody buy me any gifts because it seems like mechanical devices are taking up way too much of my time to keep running. When I joke around with people and tell them I wouldn't take a free Corvette or a free new diesel pickup I'm not kidding. I don't want one more item to work on even if somebody gave it to me. It would be like getting a free horse or a free elephant! I don't understand the black friday shoppers. Going to town with 100,000 nutjobs and stressing out to buy a bunch of junk to try to feel better for the short term high. This year with vehicles it was from one broken item right to the next without much let up. I got fed up with it. Then you get up, do a few things, a bunch of house and yard work and head right back to the factory for the whole day and the whole thing just starts over again the next day. Then the factory wants you to work saturday and ask for you to come in sunday and stay over. Sometimes it's just ridiculous. I realize now the happiest I've ever been in my life I was also the poorest and owned the least amount of mechanized machines and possessions. Simplify, it will be the only thing that saves your life, sanity, and marriage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)