AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mental health day off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/28/2012 01:54 (#2720901 - in reply to #2720760)
Subject: RE: Mental health day off

West Union, Illinois

I both farmed and worked off farm for several years. Plus I am Asst Fire Chief, on a board or two, elder/Sunday School teacher at church, etc.  I've reached the point I don't feel I can take on anything else unless I drop something.

I've never been a big vacation person.  Especially when the kids were at home, the idea of taking off a week or two sounded good but I knew by the end of it we'd be more frazzled than when we started.  The best thing for us is to take off for a day trip someplace. Or take the kids and wife and go on a parts run, taking all afternoon to spend 15 minutes picking up a part and the rest of the time exploring.  Pick a town an hour or so away and approach it like a tourist.  Open your eyes to things you don't normally see.

The biggest part of it is mental.  You have to find a way to turn off the little wheels in the back of your head and just enjoy a day or afternoon away.  If you fell over dead today the world would keep turning tomorrow.  Play dead for a day. Let someone else worry about things.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)