AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7140 Magnum or JD 4955?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 11/28/2012 08:50 (#2721185 - in reply to #2720452)
Subject: RE: 7140 Magnum or JD 4955?

Western Iowa
I have had both........ I prefer the deere,

You can park a Deere on a hill and get it back out when you want too, not so much with a magnum. Had hook a tractor on my magnum several times a week during spring work just to get it out of park. Put in all new park pawl, spring, shaft, ect. Still did it. Dealer suggested not parking on a hill.

Deere will turn noticably sharper

Hydraulics are better on the deere and I agree the #1 priority on the magnum just adds to the aggrivation

Fuel guage always works on the deere, mangnum depends on the day or even minute. No matter how much money you throw at it can't get the magnum to work right.

Brakes are better on the deere and last longer. Magnum system leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't like the magnum shift, have to go thru all the gears in the powershift even when the clutch is in, deere you can just go to whatever gear and go..

Deere is a little easier on fuel

I prefer the deere seat, not that the magnum was bad

A/C system is better in the deere

A lot easier to repaint a magnum

The magnum will handle more HP better than the deere. You can run 300HP easier in the magnum than the deere. The 8.3 cummins in them is a great engine.

The deere will go more hours without nickle and dime stuff. Magnum needs, Front axle seals and updates, shifter accumulator charging and replacing, More o-rings than I can count on hydraulics, park pawl, park cables, barrels on the hydraulic outlets are a regular change, 3 point sensors, steering cylinder seals are poor and expensive at dealer, front axle needs updated to 4 carrier sun gear (although I suppose most have been done already)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)