AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation enhancer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crf450man
Posted 11/27/2012 22:38 (#2720651 - in reply to #2720420)
Subject: Re: Irrigation enhancer?

west texas
I've seen several of these "water conditioning" electronic units come and go over the years. The first one I remember was in the mid 90's that also cost around $30,000. They were promoting it to cure salty water and even run away bad bugs. Amazingly "good" bugs weren't ran away! When asked to produce University studies to back up their claims they always fall back on typical snake oil salesman line of "university studies are too easily bought off so we avoid them". However, they are always eager to flood you with infallible testimonials. I know of one farmer who bought a similar product in the late 90's and tried to grow alfalfa with fairly salty water..........a few years later the farm was sold and alfalfa was full of dead blotchy areas from salt. We are all subject to the power of suggestion ie. if I change my pickup's air filter I immediately notice more pep, if someone else were to change my filter without me knowing, it'd run the same. As farmers we seem to be constantly bombarded with gimmicks that promise the world so we should exercise extreme caution. Remember, Major claims demand Major proof.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)