AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

750 and 2630 problem and questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johndeere76
Posted 11/26/2012 18:40 (#2718540)
Subject: 750 and 2630 problem and questions.

NE Nebraska
Just found out from my Deere AMS guy that a GS3 cannot run autotrac when using a cfx 750 as a gps source. It can map and rate control but not auto trac. That stinks. I wanted to use the 750 in order to use RTX on my 2630 since Deere hasn't come out with that option. He said that with the 3000 reciever I can expect 2" pass to pass with SF2 but that I won't have the repeatablity of the RTX. I like the layout of the 2630 way better than the FMX so thats not really an option.

The main reason I want the 2630 for auto trac is for the guidance line naming feature ( I'm tired of looking at a map for a line or remebering a number), the swap trac feature, and the layout formats.

I was going to use the 750 for gps signal and for 2 cameras and the GS3 for auto trac, VR 2 dry and 1 liquid products, mapping, guidance lines, etc. I already have the 750 with field IQ and omni* unlock from the planter with ez-steer.

Would it be worth it to loose my RTX and go all Deere with the 2630, 3000, SF2? (RTK is not really an option, $$$)

Any other options or ideas?
Thanks

Edited by johndeere76 11/26/2012 18:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)