AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Property posting etiquette
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 11/26/2012 16:34 (#2718390 - in reply to #2718333)
Subject: Re: Property posting etiquette

Martinsville, Ohio
Hello DrJ,

We have a similar situation. In this case the deer hunter lost his farm due to the DHL closing nearby. He quickly stopped to meet us while we were walking our new property and tried to say the tenant pushed some stakes over to farm and he didn't say anything, blah blah. He has a salt block and shelled corn near the property line, I would say almost on it.

Then I meet the wife in the post office and she suggests that if I cooperate in letting people hunt I won't have any problems. What problems? I am a farmer, not a deer hunter. I hope they keep the population down to keep my damage down but we didn't buy it to let others or former owners hunt on it. We bought it to farm it and enjoy it ourselves.

I have been nice and will continue to be nice as long as they stay on their property. I made that clear. I have this sneaking suspiscion something will arise in the future. I told them we are close to the sheriff's department and they answer all our calls about hunters and disputes. I had a guy threaten me about hunting on and near our property on my own porch when I moved here and they quickly took care of that and no problem since.

Too many people think trespassing is OK when you are not looking and that' not the way it works here.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing and we are too.

I wish us both well!

Many have been tagged in already today as gun season opened in Ohio. I heard a few shots in the distance and saw deer crossing the highway but that's it so far.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)