AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

let's talk grain carts for first timer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 11/27/2012 08:47 (#2719167 - in reply to #2718057)
Subject: RE: let's talk grain carts for first timer

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Tom, my wife and I do 90% of the harvest occasionally the boys come home and help. We bought 4 sets of 650,365 demcos. We pull them with a 7240 FWD and 7140 FWD. We bought a grain cart 510 Parker and have that on a 7220 2 wd. We run 8 row corn head and 25ft bean table. Wife runs the cart and did suprizingly well without spilling. We park all the wagons on one end and I fill her on the way back on half mile rounds. Cart is alittle to small and want to go to a 650 or 700 bu cart. It is plump full in good corn and if we get some wetter corn yrs we wont make it back.
We fill all the wagons and then both go dump them. If we get 2 to 3 turns a day that is doing pretty good I think.
We have cut down the hrs on the combine alot almost in half and don't have to have wagons on both ends of the field.
It works well for us. Bonus to having the cart is filling semis when emptying bins in the winter, drivers like that it only takes about 10 minutes to fill. I don't regret going to the cart system even if there is only 2 of us. Downside is all the wagons needed. But we get done pretty fast without hiring extra help. We were done oct 1st this yr.
Dump cart really speeds up soybean harvest as normally one can't make 2 rds on half mile so one was dumping every round that takes alot of time.
We also have 2 augers in the yard a 13 and a 10 inch to speed up dumping times.
We used to dump on the go with wagons but that means running around the field with alot of weight and dumping into the back wagon is tricky. The cart system really works good for even 2 people.
Good luck tom !!

Edited by Mlebrun 11/27/2012 08:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)