AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Once again skid steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 11/26/2012 11:47 (#2718045 - in reply to #2718025)
Subject: Re: Once again skid steer

This is a copy of an old post.

You can see that post and replies

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=229029&posts=8...

"This winter I had rented my BIL's Bobcat S 250. I got the bug, and wound up buying a 2008 Case 440 on an auction. Fairly comparable in weight and capacity. The Bobcat shows a better tipping load, and you can really tell it. The longer wheelbase on the Bobcat(which I'm assuming leads to the better tipping rating, along with the verticle lift) also gives a smoother ride. Oil changes on the Bobcat wth the Kubota engine are much nicer. The oil drain and all the filters are right at the back. On the Case, you have to remove a panel for the oil plug, and the oil filter is a rwal booger. i'm told the series 3 machines are different. The Case is a radial lift machine. This actually leads to better reach at the heights I'm normally using it. There will be some difference dumping into the mixer, but, the dump angle is better on the Case. The hand cntrols are great. I was really tired of crud under the foot controls on the Bobcat. Likewise, the fan position and simple fan drive on the case is awful nice. The Case 440 is rated abut 10 hp more than the Bobcat, and it really shows. The hydraulic movements are faster, and, working around a pile, it will absolutely work the Bobcat to death. It never powers out in some spots the Bobcat routinely did. Visibility is MUCH better on the Case. Amazing how much better, all the way around. The bucket leveling on the case is nice, didn't have that on the Bobcat. Likewise, the ride control system for the boom on the Case helps take away some of the Bobcats ride advantage. Also, with the Bobcat, you have to have extensions to run tracks. The Case will run tracks without extensions, which means that your wheelbase is still the same as the standard bucket, which is nice. Operators station on the Case is MUCH quoter than th Bobcat. This was a surprise, but immediately noticable. controls are touchier on the Case, and are taking some getting used to. Foot throttle on the Case is a dream. Absolutely love that."

I haven't changed my mind any. The 250 is a little larger machine, than the 430, I think, without looking at the ratings. I haven't had any problems with the 440 that weren't my fault. Overall very pleased with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)