AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

uninstalling windows 8 ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

jliltd
Posted 12/3/2012 12:37 (#2730558 - in reply to #2717207)
Subject: Re: uninstalling windows 8 ?

I installed the release candidate of Windows 8 last winter. Hated it from the get go but figured I'd play with it a bit. Finally gave up on it. Advised friends and family against it. I have an Acer Iconia Tab 500W tablet computer that came with Windows 7 that was fine for the most part. I had a $14 upgrade offer from Mircrosoft for Windows 8 Pro from a Windows 7 computer bought in July so I decided to try Windows 8 again by installing it on the Acer tablet. Looks to me like 8 is really designed for a tablet anyway so why not. It's okay on the tablet and not nearly as irritating as it is on a desktop. But it's still Windows 8. At least it wasn't the "RT" version being pushed for tablet use. The RT version won't run most regular applications as MS wants new tablet users to buy apps from them and also pushes cloud computing (yuk).
On Black Friday I bought a good deal on a Lenovo All-In-One that came with Windows 8. I intended to put this on a bar in my parent's living room so friends and guests could have a computer to log on to without using my mother's desktop. But that Windows 8 thing. Horrible. I considered downgrading to Windows 7 but Lenovo refused to support that so I gave the computer away to my brother's family. I went and bought a Chromebook and put it in the living room for all to use. Way better for that application. I really like the Chromebook for guests and kids to use.

Remember every 2nd OS from MS is a dud. Look at ME. Look at Vista. Now look at 8. I hope Windows 9 returns a productive serious OS to the desktop. Until then Windows 7 64bit with a LGA 2011 processor and SSD is hard to beat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)