AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/26/2012 09:46 (#2717851 - in reply to #2715507)
Subject: RE: What would you do?

agpreacher - 11/25/2012 05:39 To follow Mrs B's post, how do you handle the family member that has appointed themselves to role of supremacy on child discipline? This person makes a point to call out the grown sibs kids if their behavior does not meet their expectation. Of course, all this " instruction" is in the presence and earshot of the kids parents.

I'm not a parent, so...

But I have noticed this in many families. For whatever reason, there is a communication block. Then, when the holiday is over and everyone goes home, each one of them has to vent their issues with the other siblings behind their backs, mostly to people that are already dealing their own sibling issues from their holiday, straining friendships as well as sibling relations.

IMO, once you are old enough and mature enough to have children, you best learn to be confident and when needed, be confrontational. If your own siblings are trying to control your children, and then in attempts to belittle your own methods of raising your own children, you best just stand up and let your voice be heard. It dont have to be in anger or in any way disrespectful. But if you cant step up to your own siblings in the interest of your own children, maybe you should put the kids up for adoption and not have anymore. What would you do if a school teacher is bullying your child? Hold quiet? Or take out the trash?

(that's not pointed at anyone. It is just a general opinion of my own after listening to so freek'n many people get tired of their brother's and sister's interference in their childrens upbringingz)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)