AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digital Cameras
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 11/26/2012 21:26 (#2718727 - in reply to #2718410)
Subject: RE: A few comments on bright glass with reach

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Shooting through glass can be tricky because the autofocus in the camera can decide to focus on a speck on the glass instead of the intended target and you end up with a blurry pic. To help solve this problem the camera comes with 18 different scene modes; one of which is a 'through glass' setting. When that is selected, as was the case in these pics the camera chooses the settings so you don't have much control. The fully zoomed in pic was shot at f/3.2 1/125th second, and ISO-125. The wide angle shot was f/4, 1/125th, and ISO 100. Of course, the camera allows you full control over all the settings if you choose that, but hard stuff like what I was attempting here is easier left to the smarts built into the camera. The FZ200 has only the one lens (25MM to 600MM f/2.8) permanently affixed, so there is nothing else you need to buy. I did buy some extra batteries though but not the OEM Panasonic because $50+ is a bit steep for my tastes.

To make little pictures that get bigger, I used Office Picture Manager to make 640X480 thumbnails of the larger pics. I then uploaded the two small pics and the two large ones to my Internet server. I imbedded the small pics in my post and then clicked on a small one and made a hyperlink that pointed to the big version stored on my server. Repeat for the second pic and you're all set.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)