AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New poster on NAT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cottonholio
Posted 11/24/2012 13:23 (#2714259)
Subject: New poster on NAT

Tensas, Louisiana
I am a long time reader on this site and have finally decided to register myself as there are occasionally posts I would like to reply to. I would like to let you all know a little about me. I farm in a partnership in Louisiana with my brother. He is the NATer formerly know as cornholio who you all now know as FiveLockBoll. I will probably stay out of the boiler room to prevent being banned as my brother is a little too liberal for me. (If that tells you anything.) I am 41 years old, married, three kids ages 9, 5, and 21 months. My biggest regret is waiting so long to have kids as I will be 58 when the youngest graduates high school. My biggest fear is thinking what the world will be like when they are my age. I hunt ducks, deer and turkeys. My dog's name is Delta Omicron Gamma (DOG). She is the third good Lab I have been owned by. Now you know my sense of humor is strong so expect some sarcasm in my posts. I have tried to learn not to take myself too seriously. Farming topics I may have useful knowledge of include grain bins, 7760 cotton pickers, DB planters, farming with family, land leveling, ditch digging, truck driving, irrigation, and general cotton, rice, soybean, and corn production. Things I have little or no useful knowledge of include combines (my brother does that), marketing (do the opposite of us), and women. The best advice I can give someone farming with family is to keep your mouth shut if they mess up. Also, never ever say "I told you so". If you do either of these, you are due for a huge mistake yourself. Secondly, divide responsibility and never second guess your partner. I don't mess with my brother's combine and he stays away from my picker (unless help is requested). If you are lucky enough to farm with your Dad or Granddad, please PLEASE for your own sake have patience with them as they get older. Remember they are the reason you are in this lifestyle we all love so. The last two years my Dad ran a combine were hard for me to watch, but I would give anything if he could see these new machines and then tear one of them up. Sorry this got so long. JKSCLA is one of the finest people I know, but he too is a little liberal for me. Lastly, I hope I don't upset the grammar police but I promise never to type stocks instead of stalks. ;<)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)