AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"There's nothing that cleanses the soul like getting the hell kicked of you"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 11/24/2012 13:59 (#2714305 - in reply to #2713961)
Subject: Re: "There's nothing that cleanses the soul like getting the hell kicked of you"

Martinsville, Ohio
Those were the most exciting times of my life, 68-71. Woody is a long time here and I have a personal story on him.

The ex was in charge of the county teachers meeting in the early 70's. Ohio State was not perceived well here and everything was UC this and UC that. She needed a motivational speaker and I told her the best one I ever heard was Woody. She said, he will never come to Fayetteville. Well he did!

The gymnasium was standing room only and all the locals had their arms crossed. By the time Woody was finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the gym and everyone came out with a new perspective of Ohio State and counselors actually started recommending it. True story!

Getting into one of Woody's history classes was like winning the lottery and I won. He made Patton's march across Europe come to life.

I was at the game in Fla when Woody lost it and hit the SC kid in the helmet. My car wasn't burned because it had Fla plates, it was my aunts. That was one ugly game in Jacksonville Fla before the game even started. It was like the Civil War had never ended with Yankee Go Home signs and spitting on people and throwing beer on them.

Go Bucks!

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)