AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mining CEO discuss future of gold market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/24/2012 12:41 (#2714204 - in reply to #2714186)
Subject: fractional reserve gold market

Pittsburg, Kansas

LOL.

I always wonder what "leasing" is all about (tongue in cheek).

Let's see.............. If I go into a bank and "lease" some gold what am I going to do with it? Put it in a safe so I can return it when the lease is up and pay the lease interest fee for the privilege???  Or will I perhaps be a jeweler that will turn it into jewelery and sell the jewelery to the public or maybe a speculator that will sell it into the physical market using the cash proceeds for other speculations, all with the intention of buying it back later at a cheaper price to return it when the lease is up? Or maybe the interest rate on the lease is so low I just intend to take the money I got when I sold the gold and invest it elsewhere to make lots of money and just continue paying the pittance of interest it costs me to least the gold?

Leasing gold. Good luck in getting it back from the Lessee as the price continues to rise. 80 to 100 ounces of paper gold exists for every ounce of the real stuff there is to back the "fractional reserve gold market".................... This also is also not going to end well. 

John

Edited by John Burns 11/24/2012 12:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)