AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We had a tractor catch fire yesterday, lucky my boy caught it in time ( pics )
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/24/2012 04:51 (#2713665)
Subject: We had a tractor catch fire yesterday, lucky my boy caught it in time ( pics )

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
My middle boy was washing our 9030E Bi-Directional tractor off to service it. He had quit, and run to the house for a minute. Well when he came back battery was on fire. He grabbed fire extinguisher hanging in shop, well it had settled on the bottom, didn't work. So he turned either the pressure washer back on, or used the water hose going to it to put it out. He did a good job, never lost his cool. I came pulling back into the yard and saw the mess, he came and told me it just happened. It just burned the oil pressure wire back a few inches, one battery and cables. It also burned a about 1/2" hole in engine oil pan where battery cable run by it ( that's where the cable rubbed bare ). That's were the engine oil came from.

I'm hoping I can weld pan without taking it off, it is in quite a tight area on corner. Does anybody know if pan will come off without lifting engine out of place?

This is a reminder to check fire extinguishers! I've always just bought them and hung them up, I've always just took and turned them upside down to disburse product in them. I'm thinking it's time to call fire extinguisher route man and have him service us. I don't know what they cost to do that, but if I lose a shop or barn or tractor it is cheap I'm thinking. It's another cost of business, but were do you draw the line? If you saved one piece of equipment, it would be worth it, in my opinion.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 11/24/2012 04:59

(003 (800 x 600).jpg)

(004 (800 x 600).jpg)

(005 (800 x 600).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 003 (800 x 600).jpg (65KB - 171 downloads)
Attachments 004 (800 x 600).jpg (67KB - 172 downloads)
Attachments 005 (800 x 600).jpg (55KB - 177 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)