AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Residue decomp....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/23/2012 20:51 (#2713162 - in reply to #2712317)
Subject: Re: Residue decomp....

Morris, IL
This chopper deal, does it actually chop everything up more or does it mainly pin it to soil? I've been thinking about doing your BT choppers for our 643 but maybe not yet. Rather trade to 8 row first but i've been thinking of leaving stalks up in air maybe a foot and everything that gets run through the corn head turn to confetti. I'm just scared of blowing residue. Thinking i could hang an 8 row on the 7720, i think that more under kill then 9570 with 12 row myself.

Strips will be made with semi mount RedBall 12 row. It's very similar in design to krause but if i break anything major i have to build my own parts, not as easy to adjust and more grease zirks but i'm young and have no trouble with that. It's brand new but was sitting for 5 years, still trying to figure everything out. Ran it in some 200 bushel stalks and it worked but have to see how it looks next spring. Did another 60 bushel field today (drought stressed) and it worked great, should have no trouble planting corn into it.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/23/2012 21:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)