AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX-Farmworks-Maybe I need SMS instead?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 11/23/2012 02:37 (#2711910)
Subject: FMX-Farmworks-Maybe I need SMS instead?

Wyoming
I spent several hours on different days getting all the stuff from my FMX into the farmworks demo to see if it's worth buying. I know it saw the varieties and everything because I had to set everything as seed and chemical and such. But then it doesn't show any varieties on my planted maps or yield maps, nor half the operations I did. Looking through reports thinking it would show usefull stuff it doesn't seem to know anything, not even acres. Most fields show as no acres planted or worked except the yield maps, one or 2 show the boundary acres, some don't. I don't know if I am stupid or farmworks is just terribly unintuitive to use, or if it just isn't seeing the stuff right or what. I got the newest version to try in case that was the problem and still no good. If I didn't have the summary files I wouldn't even have acres. Not that trimble bothered to make the yield or varieties show up on the summary either, it just shows the maps and coverage acres. Not impressed.

Does SMS have a demo so you can find out if it reads all this stuff? I may have to try it and see if I like it better, if I am going to buy a software package I need one that actually works. Is SMS super slow too, I don't have that much stuff and farmworks took forever reading it all in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)