AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling machinery privately
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 11/23/2012 12:11 (#2712421 - in reply to #2711574)
Subject: Re: Selling machinery privately

Rivers, MB
I'd agree with you on some points. I appreciate when the seller tells me right up front the things that he knows are wrong with it. I've had that experience when buying equipment so I've tried to do that for others when they're buying from us. I've also given them the name of the service manager where the equipment has been serviced/Green-lighted/winter inspection at and told them they can call them and ask any question they want.

My experience with the yard neatness is different than canadianeh's. I've always thought if the guy has time and cares enough to have an immaculate yard, then he probably has time/money/cares enough to keep his equipment well cared for, either by his skills or his equipment dealer's service department. We have sold alot of machinery off our yard and often get the comment "I don't need to see the equipment, I already know it'll be like you say it is" as soon as they drive on the yard. I'd agree there are can be messy yards or really dirty equipment that have been cared for by very good mechanics. However, sometimes, that equipment needs more work than some others because the do-it-yourself mechanic doesn't worry about the tempermental starter because he knows where to it with the hammer if it occasionally doesn't start etc.

Probably no hard and fast rule.

here, all equipment is cleaned up, documentation ready of work done to it, and yard neat. Works for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)