AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling machinery privately
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

flyinfarmer
Posted 11/22/2012 17:00 (#2711160 - in reply to #2710702)
Subject: RE: Selling machinery privately

NE Iowa
Was looking at a vehicle recently. Pulled into the guy's yard, and he comes out of the house wearing a T-shirt with a bunch or writing on it. Didn't bother reading it all - the 4" tall letters across the middle that said F*** Y** were enough for me. Rest of shirt may have been funny, but what an idiot to wear a shirt like that while trying to pry money out of my hands. At that point, I couldn't envision any scenario that ended with me giving him money. Just couldn't see ever knowingly owning something formerly owned by someone that would wear something like - particularly around a stranger who he is trying to convince to buy his truck. Looked over the vehicle, then left. Thought about telling the guy - probably should have. Oh well.

As far as equipment itself - my preference would be to have full access to everything about the vehicle without the owner/seller breathing down my neck. I have been in the process of selling a semi trk/trlr. I have intentionally left the prospective buyers alone with the rig for some period of time. They've got my phone number - if something is real important, they can call me. Otherwise, we address it when I show up.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)