AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why would you DESTROY this tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 11/23/2012 23:26 (#2713523 - in reply to #2710691)
Subject: My Eyeballs on the 8410T today

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
At Colfax Tractor Parts today, and looked it over.

!-Cab insides: Sides, below windows are in bad shape, but I have seen worse.
Headlinder is up there where it is supposed to be. Little deals in it like pop-rivets. Never seen them before.
Knobs are missing. Powershift, 3 on the deal way to the right.

I have an idea on the knobs and other things missing. Being on a multia tractor farm, and people knowing it was going away. Some may have removed things like knobs, side panels, maybe even that top of cab warning light.

2- I will go to court that the oil has been changed. Not sure if every 50 hrs, 100 hrs, 5000 hrs or what ever, but changed.

3-Belt was on the AC. No sign that I saw of running with windows open or removed. No cracks in glass.

4-Looked for but did not find grease zerks on track. Looking for signs of greasing. Where are they? Too darn cold for this old man to look forever.

5-Murphy Gauges. Not a tidy job on the wires to the gauges. Shop built bracket was neat.

Shield above PTO bent. Drawbar missing.

If [BIG IF] The engine and tranny are OK, and I was looking for a 220 hp tracked tractor, I would very much be interested.

Very decent looking 8420T [maybe a 8520T] beside it. Also a 8300T about the same looks as the 8410T.

Are all 8xxxT flywheels explosed with the side deals off? Are the tire ones also?

No pics of it, at least tonight.

(DSC00637.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00637.jpg (49KB - 141 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)